The tip calculator provides a simple way to allocate tips and add them to your payroll report.
To open the tip calculator, from the schedule, on the intended day, press Enter Tips
Entering time and tip amounts
- Enter the time span for the tip entry. NOTE: If you are synchronizing with a POS, select your 'day-part', and the time range will auto-populate.
- Enter Credit and Cash Tip Amounts. NOTE: If you are synchronizing with a POS, your Credit tips will auto-populate.
- Press Calculate
Make adjustments, Save, and Print
- Use the "Allocated" line to remove a percentage of the tip total (i.e. if a certain percentage of the total will go towards an entry in another department). In the example below, 10% of the tip amount is pulled from the present pool.
- Make any adjustments to Hours, or use the "Multiplier" fields to use a "Point" allocation. If you would like to exclusively use "Points" and disregard hours, then enter "1" into the hours fields.
- Press Save and/or Print to complete
NOTE: You may make multiple tip entries per day, and edit or delete entries.
NOTE: Employees' own tip amounts will be visible from their dashboard.
1. From the Gearwheel Menu, go to Settings
2. Scroll to Payroll Settings, and check Include Tips in Payroll
1. From the gearwheel menu go to Roles / Headings
2. Press the settings gearwheel next to a Role, and enter a default tip multiplier unique to the Role